tirsdag den 11. september 2012

Supplies

Yesterday night a tired but excited fieldworker arrived at the airport of San Pedro Sula and was greeted by wife and relatives.

Today he took a small but vital step towards commencing fieldwork - stocking up on office supplies. All tasks are best undertaken using the appropriate tools, so I headed into town to get note books, pens, battery charger, rechargeabel batteries etc.

In half an hour we are heading out to Tela, the place this project will be based this season, and tomorrow morning I will be heading out to Triunfo de la Cruz to make the create the first contacts. I plan to visit the local "patronato", i.e. the local authorities in that community - first of all to inform them of the work I would like to do in the community, and hopefully to get some vital contacts from them to get to speakers interested in working with me.

We are also visiting old school mates of my wife who speak Garifuna - this could also proove a valuable entry into the Garifuna speaking community.

Hopefully I will be able to begin the actual fieldwork in the course of the next few days.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hey Steffen. Is everything OK? Fernando and I are very worried, we are writing to you from the airport, where our plane for Hundoras is about to take off...

    SvarSlet
  2. wow you guys are going to Hundoras? Sounds like a fun place :-)

    Yes all is good - I just sent you guys a message with a small update on how things are going.

    Great name you have on Blogger :-)

    S

    SvarSlet