fredag den 25. oktober 2013

Recording texts

I am about 3 weeks into this year's fieldseason and my main efforts at this point are centered around text collection. So far we have recorded a whole bunch of both mythical and personal narratives and quite a bit of conversation. On a typical day we transcribe and translate about 10 min of text but I expect that this rate will accelerate as both I and my main speaker assistant get more trained. Afternoons are spent recording more texts and analyzing texts that have been transcribed and translated. I want to move into other genres such as task description where interlocutors perform a task while explaining what they are doing. I also want to translate songs. I might also do some of the Max Planck stimulus games for specific purposes.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar